To sustain this free service, we receive a commission from some of our links.
The right rug can absolutely transform the look of your living space, which is why the Loloi Skye rug terracotta floor covering is such a popular investment. Combining timeless beauty with versatile, durable performance, this is a rug that fuses classic styling with modern manufacturing techniques to create a masterpiece.
Ideal for any room in the home, the rug is available in a variety of sizes - whether it's used as an eye-catching accent against a plain background, or across a larger area to give color and warmth to an interior, there's a set of dimensions that are going to work in your home.
Read on to discover further information on this stunning rug, including how best to install, clean, and maintain your rug. We also go through the warranty and returns details, providing you with everything you need to know before purchasing this attractive addition to your home.
Why choose a Loloi rug?
There are numerous reasons why the Loloi Skye rug is absolutely flying off the shelves. Made in Turkey using sophisticated manufacturing techniques, the rug appears hand-knotted at first sight. The hand-knotted look gives an effect that's almost identical to a rug that's been hand-woven in the traditional manner, but for a fraction of the price.
Here are some of the reasons why this rug needs to be in your basket:
- If you want a rug that looks authentic, the Loloi Skye carpet rug is the one to go for. The rug appears hand-knotted, providing the look of a genuine, traditional Turkish rug.
- A great range of sizes.
- Easy to clean.
- Suitable for almost any interior design.
- Robust and durable.
- A great investment that will keep looking good for many years to come.
Timeless Beauty Fused With Modern Convenience
Loloi is an expert in taking the best elements of classical, Turkish rug design and combining them with modern convenience and comfort. For example, Loloi rugs don't have the traditional rug fringe, which makes them much easier to vacuum. Rather than wool (which is difficult to clean and can deteriorate rapidly without a large amount of maintenance), modern polyester offers hardwearing performance without compromising on the look and feel of the rug.
The modern technology and textile techniques used in creating the rug result in an economical option that also showcases classic Turkish patterns and palettes wonderfully well.
Loloi Skye rug Warranty
Like any other product, you are entitled to return it or request a replacement in the rare event that you receive a defective product. In most cases, the rug will provide years of useful service with no deterioration. The rug does come with a manufacturer's warranty - the seller will be happy to provide further details on request.
How to Install Your Rug
Although the rug arrives ready for use, several steps can be taken to ensure it delivers excellent performance and longevity.
- Add a cushion and improve the feel and lifespan of your Loloi Skye rug. The rug can be laid directly onto the floor, but this means that the full force of every footfall is delivered to the rug's fibers. Over time, this can cause the fibers to weaken, potentially resulting in thin areas or even a hole. One way to prevent this from happening is to purchase a rug cushion and lay it out on the floor surface, before laying the rug on top of it.
- A rug cushion absorbs the force of a footfall, reducing stress on the rug and also creating a softer, less jarring experience for people walking across the rug. Particularly if you tend to go barefoot in the home, wear thin slippers or have children who need a soft landing in the event of a trip or fall, a rug cushion is a good investment to use alongside your rug.
- The rug is non-slip - superior rug-making techniques and a good choice of materials significantly reduce the risk that the rug will slip, slide or curl. That said, a rug cushion provides added security, as well as additional benefits. Curling, ruching, or other unevenness can usually be eliminated through the use of a rug cushion. Rug cushions are designed to hold the rug securely in position, minimizing the risk of a slip.
- Once the rug is in position if possible refrain from putting any furniture or heavy items on it. Leaving the rug room to "breathe" for a few days will remove any "new rug" smell and give the rug a chance to flatten after the time it's spent rolled up.
- We recommend vacuuming the rug using the carpet beater bar on a vacuum to remove any fluff or similar prior to use.
The rug is constructed from heavy-duty, textured polyester on the top, with a cotton layer beneath. This mix provides a good combination of easy care and durability.
In most cases, the rug will simply require vacuuming in the same way as other soft floor surfaces in your household. In most cases, the carpet beater bar will remove dust or dirt.
Smaller rugs can be shaken outside to remove any bits of dust or fluff. This may be all that's needed to keep the rug clean. If not, some spot stain removal and/or vacuuming may be required.
We recommend a deep-down clean with a suitable carpet cleaner at least every six months to ensure your rug stays in pristine condition.
Dealing With Spills
Thankfully polyester is fairly resistant to stains and spills. In the first instance, use a damp cloth or sponge to soak up as much of the spill as possible. If you clean spills promptly, they tend to be easier to remove. Usually, the stain will come away on the cloth.
If some evidence of the stain is still apparent, dab at the area with a damp cloth to which a small amount of mild detergent has been applied. This will usually get rid of a stain.
Stubborn stains, or stains that have been untreated, can often be removed with a proprietary carpet cleaning solution.
Ideal for Family Homes
The Loloi Skye terracotta rug has been specifically designed to give the look of a traditional Turkish carpet, without the need for the complex maintenance and care that a classically made rug would require. This means that the Skye terracotta rug works really well in a home where there are animals and/or children.
The robust, polyester fibers provide a durable alternative to wool, at the same time as being soft underfoot. There's no need to worry about carpet moth or other infestations - polyester isn't an attractive home for bacteria, insects, larvae, or similar unwanted guests, so it's a good choice for homes where hygiene is a priority.
When you invest in a Loloi Skye rug, you're purchasing a high-quality floor covering that's going to add class and beauty to any location. Perfect for a traditional setting, it's also a great addition to contemporary decor. The rug can be placed on almost any surface with no ill effects, although we do recommend that you use a rug cushion to get the very best performance from your rug.
How to Prolong the Life of Your Rug
A rug from the timeless Loren collection is a beautiful addition to your home. As such, you'll want to keep it looking amazing for as long as possible. We recommend the following to ensure your rug lasts as long as it possibly can:
- Install it using the tips given above.
- Use a rug cushion to protect the rug from wear.
- Locate the rug in an area where there is minimal traffic.
- We don't recommend placing heavy items of furniture on the rug, as this can strain the fibers.
- Avoid locating the rug in areas where it is likely to be at significant risk of spills and stains - repeated rubbing and vigorous cleaning can strain the fibers.
- If necessary, use mild detergents to remove stubborn stains. Bleach or other harsh cleaning agents will weaken the rug.
- Clean the rug regularly using a vacuum cleaner. A build-up of particulate matter isn't just unpleasant, it can accelerate the wear on your rug over time.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your Loloi Skye terracotta rug, you will need to contact the seller using the Amazon returns procedure. They can describe the return arrangements to you in detail, as well as discuss the various options that are open to you.
With so much going for it, it's little wonder that the Loloi Skye rug in terracotta is a popular choice for homeowners who take their interior styling seriously.